I am already making several products that are used often in my home...
- My toilet bowl cleaner is a mix of 1/2 Borax and 1/2 Baking Soda in a Ball jar. I just sprinkle a little on the inside of the bowl and scrub away with a toilet brush.
- My "Febreeze" stinky smell (read: dog smell) spray is water + Purification oil in a spray bottle.
- My all purpose cleaner is 1 part vinegar, 3-4 parts water, and Tea Tree Essential Oil + Lavender Essential Oil (10-20 drops each).
- My laundry spot cleaner is the mighty mixture of Dawn (couple of tablespoons) + peroxide (a couple of cups, depending on your bottle size) in a spray bottle. I have found that mix gets almost ANYTHING out, even oily stains (which are prevalent in my house).
- I just use straight vinegar as the rinse aid in my dishwasher.
- Hand soap is a couple squirts of Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap (your favorite scent, I prefer Lavender) and water (you can also add a squirt or two of Almond oil if you feel it is drying to your hands). I use foaming soap bottles (spray painted to match my bathroom - Pinterest project!) to refill.
- Baby shampoo/wash is Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Pure Castile Liquid Soap + water + Gentle Baby Essential oil in a foaming bottle.
I just made a new one this morning! My new wood furniture dust spray is 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1ish tablespoon Almond oil, 5 drops Lemon Essential oil, fill the rest of the bottle with water (I used a small spray bottle).
I will update throughout the year when I find more homemade items to replace store bought ones! What are some of you favorite recipes?
***As you can tell, I do not do exact measuring for these products, I mostly just eyeball them.
***We use old Gerber "cloth diapers" instead of paper towels to clean.
***I am a distributor for Young Living Essential Oils so all the oils I use are Young Living.